Wednesday 27 November 2013

Asking my kids what they want for Christmas

So as we count down to Christmas Day, I ask my 8 year old what she wants for Christmas.
The reply really did surprise me, I was expecting this long list of things she wanted for Christmas and there was only two things. One gifts cost a lot more the the other gift and she didn't want me to spend a lot on her because she knew this year was a hard year for us.

I gave my daughter a great big hug and told her how much I love her.  Let me tell you it wasn't just my 8 year old who was thinking about us,my other kids all said that same.  I am so lucky i have wonderful children who think about there parents.

If i didn't have children I would wait until the after Christmas to do my shopping that when all the sales are on that's when you get great bargains. .

I can see why many parents get really stress out buying gifts for there kids and wondering if they will like what has been brought.  Nine times out of ten they only will play with what you brought them for a day then forget about it.

And then its on the the next thing that they think they really need.

Happy shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment